The Beating...

The speeding feet in the pounding rain. The perpetual beat of a heart. Pounding blood. There is a cave in my heart.
Stepping out of the rain, into the shadows, the noise transitions from the wash of the cloudburst to the flow of your anxious blood. Then to the pounding of your heart. It's so loud. Terrifying, yet trusted.
The roar is overwhelmed by the beating. The beating of dark membranes. You have disturbed them. You are enveloped by their plethora of leather-silk wings.
Neither bird nor beast, the ostracized. Bats. After they have settled, you see the moonlight reflected in two tapetums. The truth in those eyes, is it familiar to you? Or should you be frightened? How many lives has this creature lived?
Come in, friend. Step closer, enemy. You were washed by the rain, rinsed by the darkness, dried by the wings, and clothed. By a purpose.
Am I a panther? Am I the dusk?

THE PLAN for Labels

CHARACTERS are influential people in my tales.
BROWN is tales from a span of ages.
WHITE is tales from age 0-7.
RED is tales from age 8-14.
ORANGE is tales from age 14-21.
YELLOW is tales from age 22-28.
GREEN is tales from age 29-35.
BLUE is tales from age 36-42.
INDIGO is tales from age 43-49.
PURPLE is tales from age 50-56.
BLACK is tales from age 57-63.
Grey is an insight into how these tales may be affecting me.

Labels

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Window (Innuendo)

My closest friend during my Dark Years. America's most eligible bachelor. Tall, lean, super-intelligent. Good sense of humor, morals, and purpose. Arguably a man's man, quite possibly a lady's man, without a doubt a Jehovah's Witnesses' Jehovah's Witness. In middle school he was actually shorter than me and annoying. I tended to try to bully him. I hated him at first. Now I love the guy's whole family. I met his dad for the first time while I was trying to shove 'Window into a puddle of mud outside our GATE class (Gifted and Talented Education). Came to respect him as an artist, a scientist, a fellow goof-ball. After my Dark Years (Darkest, I should say), when I was looking for answers from God, I reflected upon the strength and peace that Innuendo possessed and instilled in others. His example inspired me to study with the Witnesses. After trying in vain to disprove their teachings, I ended up proving that I was meant to be one of them. I once said that I was always looking for a way out, a door that was unlocked and would lead someplace safe. I found my way out not through a door, but a Window.

0 Responses: