The Beating...

The speeding feet in the pounding rain. The perpetual beat of a heart. Pounding blood. There is a cave in my heart.
Stepping out of the rain, into the shadows, the noise transitions from the wash of the cloudburst to the flow of your anxious blood. Then to the pounding of your heart. It's so loud. Terrifying, yet trusted.
The roar is overwhelmed by the beating. The beating of dark membranes. You have disturbed them. You are enveloped by their plethora of leather-silk wings.
Neither bird nor beast, the ostracized. Bats. After they have settled, you see the moonlight reflected in two tapetums. The truth in those eyes, is it familiar to you? Or should you be frightened? How many lives has this creature lived?
Come in, friend. Step closer, enemy. You were washed by the rain, rinsed by the darkness, dried by the wings, and clothed. By a purpose.
Am I a panther? Am I the dusk?

THE PLAN for Labels

CHARACTERS are influential people in my tales.
BROWN is tales from a span of ages.
WHITE is tales from age 0-7.
RED is tales from age 8-14.
ORANGE is tales from age 14-21.
YELLOW is tales from age 22-28.
GREEN is tales from age 29-35.
BLUE is tales from age 36-42.
INDIGO is tales from age 43-49.
PURPLE is tales from age 50-56.
BLACK is tales from age 57-63.
Grey is an insight into how these tales may be affecting me.

Labels

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I seem to recall...

When I was quite young, I recall being overwhelmingly impressed that my step-dad could recite all the days of the week--in order!

And, too, I seem to recall inventing the number three. It probably went down like this:

I wanted some cookies, three actually. My mother offered me cookies: "Two cookies? Or four?" "Three," I replied. "Three?" she inquired, seemingly quite confused. Thus, I let her in on the secret: "It's one more than two, one less than four."

She still seemed quite perplexed, so I reached into the package of Oreo's and counted out: "One, two... three!" There you have it. You can thank me later. But, know this: had I been born sooner, perhaps woman would have three legs to caress and three breasts to ogle!

0 Responses: