The Beating...

The speeding feet in the pounding rain. The perpetual beat of a heart. Pounding blood. There is a cave in my heart.
Stepping out of the rain, into the shadows, the noise transitions from the wash of the cloudburst to the flow of your anxious blood. Then to the pounding of your heart. It's so loud. Terrifying, yet trusted.
The roar is overwhelmed by the beating. The beating of dark membranes. You have disturbed them. You are enveloped by their plethora of leather-silk wings.
Neither bird nor beast, the ostracized. Bats. After they have settled, you see the moonlight reflected in two tapetums. The truth in those eyes, is it familiar to you? Or should you be frightened? How many lives has this creature lived?
Come in, friend. Step closer, enemy. You were washed by the rain, rinsed by the darkness, dried by the wings, and clothed. By a purpose.
Am I a panther? Am I the dusk?

THE PLAN for Labels

CHARACTERS are influential people in my tales.
BROWN is tales from a span of ages.
WHITE is tales from age 0-7.
RED is tales from age 8-14.
ORANGE is tales from age 14-21.
YELLOW is tales from age 22-28.
GREEN is tales from age 29-35.
BLUE is tales from age 36-42.
INDIGO is tales from age 43-49.
PURPLE is tales from age 50-56.
BLACK is tales from age 57-63.
Grey is an insight into how these tales may be affecting me.

Labels

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chuck and Diablo

Characters
Chuck - my pal, more uptight than me even!
Diablo - no-good cracker
"Mayor" ran the town I call Glib. He was Mexican Mafia, thankfully good friends with me ma
"Tecomde" my mother -before
Dusk - yours, truly

There's this town I refer to as Glib where I spent the time I generally call The Darkness. It was a demon-infested town that I inhabited after running away from my abusive grandparents. It was wedged between Route 66 and a dead forest and had one of the countries only remaining factories across the street. Don;t try to find it. You'd be better off in Silent Hill.


There was this white guy amongst all the current and wannabe Mexican Mafia out there. He was one of the wannabes. He had red hair but you'd only know it from his eyebrows. He kept his head Bic'd so you could see the tattoos of horns on his head.

Being at the bottom of the food chain, he had a hard-on for this kid we called Chuck. Chuck's head was large and round. Looked like Charlie Brown.

My mom was good friends with the head of the town. He was head because he was the MM rep there. This town had a post office and an elementary school, but what it didn't have was a city ordinance. No police, no fire department, no doctors. Just us, our rules, and a whole lot of desert thirsty for anything to drink.

I guess one day Chuck got fed up with Diablo. They were in the MM "mayor's" back yard, seeing how Chuck was his cousin. During a heated pushing contest, Chuck grabbed a nearby chainsaw and fired it up. Swatted Diablo in the head with it. Strange you may think, Diablo survived. Scathed. The guys ran out of the shed and dragged Chuck away before he stopped swatting and started cutting. It was still pretty messy, though. Head wounds are awful wet. I know from personal experience, though I wasn't nailed by something as surprising as a chainsaw.

1 Responses:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!